SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#274743 - 11/01/09 07:45 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I rather enjoyed the second one...but not the first.

Jose, If I were you I would download the PA2XPRO manual and read it cover to cover...thee is a lot of function/programmability/features there that no other aranger has today. Many things to condsider. If all that flexability doesn't matter...cool...but it did to me.

Ther is a lot of superb sounds in the PA2, don't jdge the sounds only on the demo's you have heard.

Were talking about a lot of money here...why not actually go and audition both to see which one suits you? AND read both user manuals cover to cover...then...no surprises should happen.

Lee S.

#274744 - 11/01/09 07:56 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi leeboy
I already downloaded the PA2x manual and played it in a music store (for 2 hours, using headphones and store studio monitors)
Simple put, an instrument is good if their sounds are good. To me, korg drums and percussions, piano, bass and brass are weak. And styles too repetitive (as yamaha).
All programability is excellent for somebody that does at lot of contemporary or synthy music. Not my thing... This kind of music I prefer using loops and Vst instruments that I already have plenty. And I don`t do anything so synthy in real life, live.
I liked some pop, jazz and funk styles in PA2X, but that`s it. Who knows, probably in a few months I can translate some korg styles in Audya, but I don`t need them right now.
Regards
Jo

#274745 - 11/01/09 08:08 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Did you go into global and turn ON the master EQ?? If not you did not get the true punch in the sounds...it is off by default.

Makes a huge difference. It is a PRO arranger so you do have to spend some time understanding all the stuff in there...

If you want to control/play external synthes/VSTi's etc look at the PA2 maunal in the midi section and in the way it ca be setup to send MIDI bank/program changes to external instruments...No other (that I am aware of) can do that...and that is big for me.

By the way I play more intrumental/standards/musical theatre/pop/jazz/oldies and I use the programming a lot. I don't use synthy stuff much.

If you have done your homework and like the Ketron better..great...it is a fine instrument and I have played it as well.

Too much $$ for what you get IMHO. $1300 more than PA2...no way.

Lee S.

#274746 - 11/01/09 08:55 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Hi Tony!
Thanks a lot for those youtube links.
Interesting, the person that plays several PA2X videos also have or had a Tyros2 and I can compare both. Between both keyboards and for this person recordings I prefer the Tyros2... The PA2X styles even sound more repetitive and boring and the right hand sounds aren`t bad, but far from stellar. But this is to me.
Also, As somebody said here, the player makes the difference. Any professional that made Tyros2, Tyros3 and Audya videos made the machines sound amazing. I didn`t see any professional level video made on PA2X. Something that I observe in the Audya videos made in FCMusica, Portugal, were made by people with no so much technical skills (perhaps singers that learn keyboard for acompany themselves) but they sounded incredible good.
I`ll buy an Audya very soon, but don`t sell my Tyros2, just in case! But PA2X, umh, not for me...
Thanks people!
Jo

I think something is wrong with your ears. I have played several years yamaha and now Korg and the styles of Korg are much better. Also the sounds in the Korgs are much more powerful and sound like a real synth not keyboardisch and dull like the Yamaha's and Audya. Korg is just the best keyboard out there.

#274747 - 11/01/09 08:55 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Sorry double post

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 11-01-2009).]

#274748 - 11/01/09 09:03 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I think something is wrong with your ears. I have played several years yamaha and now Korg and the styles of Korg are much better. Also the sounds in the Korgs are much more powerful and sound like a real synth not keyboardisch and dull like the Yamaha's and Audya. Korg is just the best keyboard out there.

1,2, Cha, Cha, Cha

#274749 - 11/01/09 10:41 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:

and I just your the arranger god and no one else can have an opinion. What ever you say goes right and all of our ears must be full of cotton. Pretty lame!

#274750 - 11/01/09 10:42 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
and I just your the arranger god and no one else can have an opinion. What ever you say goes right and all of our ears must be full of cotton. Pretty lame!

I agree.....instead of talking, why not post some sound & style demos of your own to back up your broad statements FranN thats would solve it all eh? The proof is in the pudding, talk is cheap.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-01-2009).]

#274751 - 11/01/09 11:47 AM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

FransM ,

I have got to agree with you I still think PA2x sounds far better than Audya and I have got both at home, anyone else who wants a dig who has both lets go for it, but you need both side by side not a stroll down to the music shack have a play and then go back home and think how good it sounded, how good his you abilty to remember sound quality, perhaps we are all crap at that, I can't even remember what I did yesterday can you Don, Diki. Frank has heard both on the same day, in his shop, what does Frank say, perhaps it's not a good thing he needs to sell both and I shouldn't ask. Anyone who as both KB at home come forward and be counted and tell us all which you think is best. (deadly silence) I still go for PA2x anytime.

PS Jose, you are going to have to make your mind up what you are doing, this is getting silly, get down the bank and buy the bloddy Audya, but when you get it home don't start saying it doesn't sound as good as the PA2x or T3. Read what Leeboy wrote above he talks sense, go and blow the tiles off the music shack roof for a day with a PA2x.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-01-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-01-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#274752 - 11/01/09 12:01 PM Re: Korg PA2X user`s demos
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Hi leeboy
I already downloaded the PA2x manual and played it in a music store (for 2 hours, using headphones and store studio monitors)
Simple put, an instrument is good if their sounds are good. To me, korg drums and percussions, piano, bass and brass are weak. And styles too repetitive (as yamaha).
All programability is excellent for somebody that does at lot of contemporary or synthy music. Not my thing... This kind of music I prefer using loops and Vst instruments that I already have plenty. And I don`t do anything so synthy in real life, live.
I liked some pop, jazz and funk styles in PA2X, but that`s it. Who knows, probably in a few months I can translate some korg styles in Audya, but I don`t need them right now.
Regards
Jo

Jose,

Did you only play the PA2x with the headphones, tell me you didn't, try eating sweets with the wraper on.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online